Working heart for our community
The Unlimited is a proud member of the Upper Highway community and is passionate about making a positive impact through the Early Childhood education initiative, The Unlimited Child. Over and above our work with The Unlimited Child, we spend two days a year transforming crèches in and around the Hillcrest area. Our friends and family are invited to join in to fix playgrounds, plant veggie patches, paint buildings and classrooms – we call this a "Love Day".
This year, we are asking YOU to come and help spread the love to 330 children and transform 5 crèches ...
Look at what you did on Love Day…
When and how?
- Friday 17 June – 7.45am to 3pm
- Registration day: come and collect your t-shirt on Thursday, 16 June at The Unlimited, 1 Lucas Drive, Hillcrest.
- When you sign-up for our Love Day, you will see on the form that we have three departure points, Hillcrest, Waterfall and Pinetown. Please select the option that works for you.
- Busses will transport your from these departure points at 7:45am to a selected crèche nearby.
- When you get to the crèche, you will be sorted into groups so that we can get to work on the different activities needed at the crèche. These include DIY, painting and gardening.
- We will be finished by 3pm at the latest, when we will get back onto the busses which will return you to your original departure point.
- Bring your family and friends! Goodie bags with water and snacks will be provided.
(Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult)
Who is joining us this Love Day?
We’ve got lots of new friends coming to our Love Day and some old friends too, including KwaZulu Natal DJ and personality, Damon Beard. Damon is looking forward to Love Day as he sees it as an unbelievable opportunity to give back to those less fortunate.
Damon explains: "It’s even more special because we are helping children. Love Day is the perfect way to commit and say "I can make a difference". Thanks to The Unlimited, we have the most unbelievable opportunity to make a massive difference in so many little lives."
Who is helping to make a difference so far
Click here if you would like to partner with us, sponsor or donate any items.
How else can you help?
Well, it’s simple. You can help by donating any of the items listed below:
- Black plastic bikes
- Old tyres
- Vegetable seedlings
- Fruit trees
- Paint brushes
- Paint trays
- Hosepipes/watering cans (to leave behind at the crèche)
- Material for curtains
- Pre-school mattresses
- Refreshments for the children/community on the day
- Lunch, fruit and a treat for the children on the day
- Playground equipment
- Children’s Clothing
- Plastic chairs and tables
Any more questions?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 031 716 9600